Thursday, 6 November 2014

The DragonHunter is leaving the building . . . .

November now and it feels like the dragonhunting season is well and truly over. The summer just seemed to fly past, and due to my 'mishap' with the camera early doors and the fact my trusty bike has been out of action all year among other things, it wasn't a particularly good year for getting about spotting new species and recording interesting aspects of dragonfly behaviour.

The fact is I just seem to be repeating myself now after four years of dragonhunting in basically the same areas and not having anything new to enthuse about, so have decided to retire this blog before it becomes too static.

I don't see me getting out and about much until next spring anyway so I'll probably start a new blog when I feel I have something interesting to write about, and will post a link on here if and when that happens.

Meantime I'll post any wildlife sightings on Twitter (@alanmould) and you can follow my arty adventures on www.alanmouldart.blogspot.co.uk

All that remains to be said is Thanks very much for reading and for the comments, I've learned a lot about dragonflies in four years of doing this blog, and I hope I've been able to relay some of my enthusiasm and interest on to you too.

Cheers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The DragonHunter has left the building . . . 

2 comments:

  1. You are away to join Elvis, no doubt. Have enjoyed following your Dragon blog Alan and have learned a few things while doing so. Along with being entertained.
    Waiting for the day when someone sings "There's a guy works down Steves chipshop thinks he's a Dragonhunter"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John, your contributions through comment have been one of the highlights.
      Funnily enough I never did like Elvis, but I reckon you've got more chance of seeing him in Steve's chipshop than you have of seeing Steve out birding again :-O

      Delete