Friday, 29 August 2014

Twitch Hunt and a Live Plug

Despite being a self-confessed non-twitcher and non-lister (birds) I couldn't resist taking a bus up to Shibdon Pond this morning to see Gatesheeds first ever Yank wader in the form of a Pectoral Sandpiper, a great find yesterday by eagle-eyed Rob (Gatesheadandbeyond).

And a cracking little wader it is too, performing for a grateful audience in front of the hide. It was a bit dull just after a period of heavy rain so my photos are no more than record shots, and when the sun eventually did come out I failed to get one remotely in focus.




Among the supporting cast of waders were an adult and juv Ruff, a couple of Greenshanks and a Green Sandpiper, not a bad haul for a single visit here.

Before I left a Migrant Hawker (m) made an appearance, hovering for long periods but still not long enough for me to focus my increasingly Krappy Kodak so a couple of distant efforts is all I could muster.


Quick plug for my mate's band The StarJumpers, playing at The Red Kite, Winlaton Mill tomorrow. A stomping night of 70s New Wave and Glam Rock, top entertainment guaranteed.


Get yersels there if you've nowt better to do. Can't wait :-)   

No comments:

Post a Comment