Monday, 14 April 2014

For Your Eyes Only . . .

The new Dragonfly season is almost upon us, though I'm a bit worried that our cool spring so far will delay the first emergence of the early damselflies, but I suppose only time will tell.

Meantime, for the new season I've been busy writing up some information pages for your perusal, a summary account (with photos) of each of the 16 species resident in my home patch of the borough of Gateshead, some photographs of other dragons I've encountered, and a site summary (careful how you say that) of where best to see dragonflies in Gateshead. Just click on the tabs above.

I'll keep adding to them as time goes by, but please send any site record information you might have to give a more complete record of those sites I don't visit regularly (or any sites you know of which I haven't mentioned).

Hope you find them useful. Roll on the first damsel . . . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Great update to the blog, i like it :) do you not fancy starting a bird sightings blog to take over from the site we have lost? Or a page on your blog might be interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steven, but I'll just be sticking to dragonflies. It often gets far too time-consuming as it is, plus no-one can fill the shoes of the legendary Doc Gadwall (or whichever name he goes by now ;)

      Delete