Sunday, 27 October 2013

Imperfect Day

Saddened by the news of the passing of Lou Reed today. Got into his music late (after seeing him support U2 at Wembley in 1986) Perfect Day one of my all time favourites.
But the show must go on :

Still a few darters around today at Far Pasture in the brief periods of sunshine around mid-day. Small tit flock and scattering of red kites, buzzards, sparrowhawks and a kestrel. Otherwise fairly quiet.
A ruff and 2x Dunlin at Shibdon Pond earlier.

Finished my latest ink and watercolour dragonfly, a black darter as promised :



Next up, Four-spotted Chaser.

4 comments:

  1. Love your Dragon illustrations. Will they be among others on show at the library in November?
    Make sure you remind us on a couple of days before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John, yes I've just started a fourth dragonfly illustration for the show, and no fear I won't let anyone forget, in fact I've just put the show poster on my art blog;)

      Delete
  2. Can I copy your Show Poster and put it on my blog ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be my guest John, I'd appreciate that. I'll be putting a bit more info online nearer the time.

      Delete