Thursday, 21 June 2012

Back down to Earth

Chuffed I went out yesterday after seeing todays rain, anxiety levels dropped by about 100% after getting the Banded Demoiselle and Broad-bodied Chaser, the season is back on track with only the Black-tailed Skimmers to get locally of the early summer emergers.
A trip to Kibblesworth over the next couple of weeks should sort that one out (though I remember I said that last year as well) when I should also get an Emperor, though not a main target always a good dragonfly to see.
Anyway, feeling good about my photography skills yesterday I was soon brought back down to earth when Steve sent me a selection of his, have a look and see what I mean :


Superb flight shot of a female b-b chaser


Four-spotted chaser male



And the star of the show yesterday
The male Broad-bodied Chaser
Actually these small images don't do the original photos justice, click on a picture to enlarge and see them in all their glory. Cheers Steve, look forward to the next Dragonhunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment