Sunday, 12 June 2011

The Emperor's Wall

In my other life as an artist/illustrator I aim to get dragonflies in the spotlight whenever I can, my local art club (Gibside) currently has an exhibition at The Peoples Theatre in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne in celebration of The Pitmen Painters play they are putting on there shortly. Now the theme of the exhibition is 'the quintessential northeast' in effect the artists idea of what gives the northeast its identity, so I thought, well, Hadrian's wall is pretty unique to the area, so I came up with this . . . 
        

. . . and called it The Emperor's Wall
Well I hope you get it, a tenuous link I know but at least the title fits the bill. The exhibition was previewed today and will be on display til early August (hope you don't mind a bit of self-publicity, normal service will be resumed as soon as I can get out on another dragonquest, work and/or weather getting in the way at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment